Re: Airport Line train fares

On Tue, 17 Nov 1998 22:04:28 +1100, "David Proctor"
<daproc.spambait@umpires.com> wrote:

>Hubert Lam wrote in message <72rj7g$fd5$1@toto.tig.com.au>...
>>Go to the Fare calculator and select a station relatively close to the
>Airport as from, then select Airport as destination. From
>>Burwood it would cost $14.40 return peak for an adult.
>>
>>Are they encouraging public transport or discouraging it by putting the
>fares at such unimaginable levels?
>
>Compare it with the alternative - taxis, or parking at the airport. It
>really is competitive.

  Apparently special deals will be done for 'commuters' that go to the
airport regularly. Guess only travelers and freinds will be charged
the higher rates. Would be interesting to see how it will work!!
 Ashley Wright, Canberra, Australia
 ajwright@ozemail.com.au
 www:  http://www.ozemail.com.au/~ajwright
 Do not reply to my email. Email using address above.