Re: MET strikes again - arrgggg

On 16 Nov 1998, Christopher_Martin GORDON wrote:

> : This evening (Mon 16 Nov), I was waiting for my regular train to the
> : city ( 5:48pm ex Lilydale ).  It arrived on time (give or take a minute
> : or two), but there was just one little problem - the driver made
> : ABSOLUTELY NO ATTEMPT to stop at my station (East Ringwood)!

Reminds me of one night when I caught an express home on the Hurstbridge
line.  Scheduled to run express between Jolimont - Clifton Hill - Ivanhoe
- Heidelberg,  the driver didn't bother to stop at Ivanhoe.  He did how
ever slow down for the level crossing on the down side of the station, but
still didn't stop at the station.  There were lots of p**sed off people
that night!  (For those who don't know, Ivanhoe is a busy station, It is
just in Zone 1 and all the express trains are 'supposed' to stop there,
so it gets lots of people in cars)

I've seen a lot of Shit from The Met / Hillside over the years, like
one night when all four majorly full peak hour trains on Hursty line were
combined into one train running 20 mins late!!  I sat back and watched
this happen and went home a little later when crowds had gone.

Privitisation could be a good thing??

Gareth