Re: MET strikes again - arrgggg

: This evening (Mon 16 Nov), I was waiting for my regular train to the
: city ( 5:48pm ex Lilydale ).  It arrived on time (give or take a minute
: or two), but there was just one little problem - the driver made
: ABSOLUTELY NO ATTEMPT to stop at my station (East Ringwood)!

That is interesting, the level crossing just passed the station is
protected by a red signal, for the train to go express the gates need
to be set and the signal green before the train gets to it.  (In other
words the train wasn't tripped)

For the level crossing to be set for express it needs to be manually
overridden (rare) or the train didn't stop at the previous station.
Or by chance there was a down train at the time and the gates were set
the driver sees the green singal and goes for it.

When the train is comming next time look at the signal if it is red
then the train will stop (at the station, or by the red signal) if
it is green and there is no down train then chances are that it didn't
stop at Croydon and it won't stop at East Ringwood (start waving at the
driver to stop him if you can)

--
Chris Gordon
http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord