No Subject

Hornsby line definitely benefited from the Nov 96 "bungled" timetable: though the trains weren't exactly on-time all the time and
they were only 4 car or 6 car trains, at least they came (on average) every 15 minutes. Now? Miss a train and wait half a bloody
hour.

And with the recent opening of Newington, will CityRail be running more services into Olympic Park for the residents (they can move
in early next year, sometime like February) or just get State Transit to increase frequency of the 401?

David Proctor wrote in message <72p0uf$g0t$1@reader1.reader.news.ozemail.net>...
Hubert Lam wrote in message <72orb2$qrf$1@toto.tig.com.au>...
>It's now close to 1½ years since CityRail scrapped the November 96
timetable, which provided an additional 170 something services
>per day; but are there any plans to re-introduce more services on
particular lines in a new timetable for the near future?

Good heavens! We got something sensible out of Hubert!

Good question though. One of the problems with my current timtalbe is that I
get 4 trains per hour to the City during the day - at XX.02, XX.29,XX.32 and
XX.59 - what good is that? With the old timetable, the Cumberland line
trains used to connnect at Westmead with fast City services - they dont
under this one.

David "The Doctor" Proctor
daproc.spambait@umpires.com