Re: Y2K for the railway industry

<<<<<<They just don't build them to last any more, not like the good old days
when
trains were solid metal, not this flimsy aluminium, plastic and fibreglass

If I had a choice of being in a Tait or a Comeng in a crash situation, I'd take
the Comeng every time. Rollingstock is built better now as a result of decades
of experienece, the only flimsy bits are the non critical things (like the
fibreglass front on a Comeng) that can be replaced easier than when damaged.

Mark.

Visit my train pic website at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~markbau/