Re: Does NR know about this?

David Proctor wrote:

> Eben Levy wrote in message <36516488.6FB5FB6E@ozemail.com.au>...
>
> >I think you'll find that they have already spent money in Tasmania
> including
> >locomotives and rolling stock I recall. They have done good for the rail
> down
> >there.
>
> I agree - they are getting traffic back on the rails and have turned a
> profit.
>
> My point was that the thrust of the original post (without actually saying
> so in so many words, but it was certainly the impression) implied that
> because Wisconsin have been ordered by  a Wisconsin court to have two-man
> crews, then that has implications for Australian operations. This is
> patently incorrect.

But Mark didn't say it did. He only informed us of what had happened over
there and that *MAYBE* the unions/drivers here could use that in court to
support there arguement.

Look at the drivers on the XPT's to Mlb, I have traveled with them on two
occasions this year and they are glad to have someone to talk to. after 5.5
hours in that cab by yourself with only an engine humming at you. You are
bored shitless and very tired.

The engine hum does make you want to sleep.

--
Bye for now,

Eben

http://www.ozemail.com.au/~tkid/

And one ring to rule ... err ... moderate them all!