Re: Disused NSW lines

On Tue, 17 Nov 1998 04:03:48, David Johnson <trainman@ozemail.com.au>
wrote:

> Familly wrote:
>
> > What about Dubbo to Bourke??
>
> In the 1990 Nyngan flood, the Army blew the crap out of the railway line to ease
> flooding.  There used to be a long (2 km?) viaduct at the Bourke end which is
> completely gone.
>
> --
> David Johnson
> CityRail Guard
> trainman@ozemail.com.au
> http://www.ozemail.com.au/~trainman/

I seem to recall seeing this on the local TV news when it was blown up
and I was living at Narromine.

If my memory serves me correctly it was an army "exercise" some time
after the Nyngan flood. The justification being that it would help
avoid a repeat in the future. (It also sealed the future of the Bourke
line - but who could be worried about that!!)

Regards,

Stephen