Re: 37 Car Ghan to leave Adelaide, November 16.

This question has surfaced before, but I would have to search to find the
answer.  When all IP sets were a standard 13 vehicles, double-set running
was common.  There was at least one instance of triple-set running (ie 39
vehicles without counting the locos or motorail vehicles), AFAIK in the mid
1970s while recuperating from derailment (or flooding) delays.
--
Regards
Roderick Smith

arthur marsh <marsh@ties.itu.int> wrote in article
<Pine.OSF.4.03.9811121731050.10754-What is the record length for an
Australian passenger train