Re: Vic steam this weekend 14 & 15 Nov

David Proctor wrote:

> Michael Walker wrote in message <910871852.892630@woody.hotkey.net.au>...
>
> >So the Diamond Valley Miniature Railway counts on this theory. Heck, going
> >by your definition, my kettle will be operating this weekend too...8^)
>
> So will mine - nothing like a good cuppa! (and the one I just had was
> NOTHING like a good cuppa!)

Yes you are right! We got issued with these new fangled Thermos Flasks a few
years ago, and I have two problems with it!
The first is trying to keep it upright on the hotplate, the diameter of the
securing clasps is just too great to tighten around it!
Then the damn thing takes for ever to boil! Once boiled the bloody water stays
hot enough to scald me mate three or four hours after
and several times................. oh dear!