Re: Eastern Suburbs Railway

Bromage) writes:

>>What is the status of the plan to extend Bondi Junction to Bondi Beach?
>>I'd be interested to know who is still opposing it.
>
>I'm opposed to it because it's a silly proposal, and would be an incredible
>waste of money.
>
>The ESR should be extended along the originally-surveyed route through
>Randwick and UNSW so it joins up with the NSR somwhere around Mascot
>station, which would then provide an excellent service to the
>highly-populated Eastern Suburbs, and rid UNSW of it's lack of quick,
>efficient, public transport access.

Thats a good idea. But what about all those people that live right out in
the outer suburbs who, just to get to Bondi beach, have to change at Central
and then at Bondi Junction to catch a bus. So for a toursit area WHICH I
might add brings in more money than taxes each year to this state has a SHIT
(sorry about the french) gets left in the dark with something from the stone
age.

By the way. If it wasn't for the need to change trains twice between Auburn
(unlucky me) and Campbelltown on the way home after 5:30pm I would catch a
train.

Chris

http://lios.apana.org.au/~craigd