[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: More on Austrac
- Subject: Re: More on Austrac
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Matthew Geier)
- Date: 11 Nov 1998 20:12:25 GMT
- Newsgroups: aus.rail, misc.transport.rail.austrialia-nz
- Organization: University of Sydney
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Xref: news.mel.aone.net.au aus.rail:35844
In article <email@example.com>,
Yuri J Sos <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>email@example.com (David Bromage) wrote, and I selectively
>>Has anybody heard anything about possible court action over Austrac's name?
>>I heard along the grapevine that the government body known as Austrac
>>(Australian Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre, www.austrac.gov.au)
>>suddenly found out that somebody else was also using the name and was not
>>happy about it.
I understoond that business name clashes were OK, as long as the two
businesses in question worked in suffciently different areas that no
confusion would result over who is who.
Unless the other Austrac can prove that Austrac is hurting their
business due to customer confusion over which business is what...