Re: RTM to turn 3526 into oil-burner?

In article <363eb628.0@occy.pnc.com.au>,
Darren Yates <dyates@pnc.com.au> wrote:
>Someone posted a note to this effect before.
>Is this stupidity true?

 Last I heard - no decision, but it was up for consideration.

 And why is it stupid ?. Locomotive coal is hard to get now, and
hard to handle at remote locations. If the engine can burn diesel
fuel instead, provisioning the engine on long trips will be so much
easier.

 If you are worried about historical accuracy, the Hassler, radio, 'sand
removers' and a host of other modern addons have to come off as well. Then
it wont get approval to run on the main line....

 Just count our selves lucky that the SRA have been to slack over the years
to ever start rolling out an ATC system, or the RTM would be required to fit
ATC transponders and controls as well....