Re: Vic Tangaras

In article <363E9591.CA1FEC17@fastlink.com.au>,
Robert Harris  <bob@fastlink.com.au> wrote:

>David Bromage wrote:
>
>> Gill (torpan@ozemail.com.au) wrote:
>> > Can my previous advisors or anyone else please give me an update
>> > Last i heard was the set was to be modified to be offered to City Rail up
>> > here.
>>
>> That rumour has been around for years. CityRail made it quite clear years
>> ago that they do not want a non-standard set.
>>
>The guys in fleet ops or what ever they call themselves this week are currently
>talking about the "Vic tangaras" comming up here and have a quote from Goninans
>for the conversion.

 Since the 4GT project was fumbled until it was to late to get any built for
Olympic games, they might get desperate enough to do it - and ORTA, who can
take absolute control of Sydney's transport infrastucture for the event, may
force 4D onto Cityrail wether they want it or not.

 If it wasnt for the guage problem, they would have borrowed dozens of
Melbourne trains for the even id bet. In fact I wouldnt mind betting that
some one already suggested that and they havent yet realised the rails
are a different width between the two cities. :-)