Re: QR Tilt Train and repercussions from 6th Nov 98

> Owen Clancy <clancy@caboolture.net.au> writes:
>
> Graham Duffin wrote:
> Seven of the eight 2 car ICE units will now operate on Bris - Nambour;
> Gympie North services (plus the Saturday Bris- Rocky Sunday Rocky -
> Bris service).
>
> Uh, Graham, what is a two car ICE unit? There are 8 of these??

Yes, you are correct.

The QR Rollingstock Book (which can be purchsed from the Railway Shop
at Sth Brisbane Station) describes them as:

Class EMD - Driver Motor Car
Class EMM - Motor Car

They are permanently coupled as a power pair unit.  I think the Sydney
Tangara trains are like that as well.

There were 20 ICE carriages built:

8 x 2 power pair units = 16
4   trailer cars       =  4
                         --
                         20

Sorry if my original message may have sounded a bit confusing.

Graham Duffin,
Salisbury, Qld.