Re: Hoy to Tocumwal?

Rod Young wrote:

> Roderick Smith wrote:
>
> > There is a bg platform at Tocumwal.  I alighted at it on a Steamrail tour a
> > couple of years ago.
> > --
> > Regards
> > Roderick Smith
> > Rail News Victoria Editor
> >
> > David Bromage <dbromage@fang.omni.com.au> wrote in article
> > passenger
> > > The first problem is that there is no platform road at Tocumwal.
>
> Listen Guys, I might be wrong here but last time I rested at Tocumwal I walked
> accross the yard to the Platform from the Motel, and I am pretty sure the SG
> track is in place, and although heavily overgrown with weeds, I suspect that
> most of the infrastructure is still in place including the track to the
> platform...but I may be wrong, as I was not thinking about Pass running....only
> how a conversion to BG and on to the largest Silos in NSW could mean lots of
> work for V/Line.....lets face it ...........ah well ...fairytales....
>                            Rod

I was there in January this year and took photos of the SG area, the track, some
yard and turntable are still there and almost usable. I didn't look much around for
anything else except the track into the mill and north of the station is in
resonable condition from what I saw.

--
Bye for now,

Eben

http://www.ozemail.com.au/~tkid/

And one ring to rule ... err ... moderate them all!