Re: Bluebirds taking over and other Victorian stuff.

Jennifer Richmond (richmond@melbpc.org.au) wrote:
> I missed the earlier posting so this could have already have been covered
> but I heard yesterday from a person high up at Transport House that the
> Overhead electric wires from Warragul to Pakenham will be decomissioned and
> pulled up from Dec 6th and Bluebirds will operate 56 return passenger
> services per week Melbourne to Warragul.

I've heard various variations that some will only operate to/from
Pakenham, and some will work through to Traralgon.

> Bluebirds will also be taking over the Stony Point pass.

This is new. V/Line was only going to lease one power car and three
trailers.

What will happen to the MTH cars?

> I also heard from the same source that Hoys may be operating a passenger
> rail service to Tocumwall for the holliday season.

The first problem is that there is no platform road at Tocumwal.

Cheers
David