Re: VLine 6.12.98 timetable

Graham Duffin wrote:

> >"Roderick Smith" <rodsmith@werple.net.au> writes:
> > 101 extra VLine train trips per week from Sun.6.12.98'.
> > These are:
> > 23 on the Ballarat line;
> > 30 on the Bendigo line;
> > 26 on the Seymour line;
> > 22 on the Traralgon line.
> >SNIP

> When are ......
>
> 2) Where is the e.........3) Will most of the Warragul railmotors be
> Bluebirds or will they be
>    Sprinters?
>
> 4) Is there a V...............

> Graham Duffin,
> Salisbury, Qld.

  Strewth Graham, I dont think anyone knows and here is another question

Where are all the extra crews coming from...I guess they will have to reemploy
all those Blokes they just got rid of....or does that make too little sense?
I can see some economies of operation thnough..e.g. The midday Albury arrival
was stored at Wodonga
till 1530 hrs, the 15oo arrival was stored till 1220 the next day! The Sprinter
will be deployed running multiple trips to Craigeburn and back. The 1500
arrival will return straight back to Melbourne, and I guess these sorts of
savings all over the system will go a long way to produce more services,
without actually
producing extra Train-Sets. Lot of talk on this group about BlueBirds and Red
Hens etc

Rod