Re: Sydney's Railway Tunnels

Courtesy of ARHS & Cityrail, I walked up the tunnel off No 2 platform
about 2 years ago.   We were told by our guide that this was the only
tunnel and that southbound trains off the Warringah line would have
joined the North Shore line at a junction north of No 1 platform.

David

On 3 Nov 1998 13:04:09 GMT, ROY HOWARTH <rhowarth@tig.com.au> wrote:

>Are you sure there is a stub tunnel off No.3 road at North Sydney?? I
>only recall seeing ONE single-track tunnel branching off No.2 road
>storage siding.
>
>Maybe I stand corrected (and I hope this is the case because it would be
>interesting to encounter yet another disused tunnel in this area), but I
>heard this theory before and couldn't find any sign of a stub tunnel off
>No.3 road anywhere.
>
>Roy H

David Cowans
Berowra Heights