Re: Cockatoo Run to Continue?

Eben Levy wrote...

<<To steam a loco 20 times a year is actually worse on it then using it
almost everyday, think about the metal fatigue cause each time you light it
up.>>

Worse still is letting it cool down for a week, then lighting up again. It
would be preferable to have the loco continually in steam.

<<I agree, 3801 is still mechanically pretty well. Last time I worked on it,
it was in need of the overhual but the main problem with it is cosmetic, but
a good overhual will do wonders.>>

The boiler will be the biggest problem.

Trevor