Re: Flinders Street Station

> >: There's 4 new ones altogether. They were all in operation on Tuesday.
> >: think they seem to be easier to read than the old video monitors.
> >

> >How do they work and what info do they show?
> They work like the ones at the airport which flip around until the right
> panel is displayed....
> It seems to be a bit slower to refresh when there are changes.
> The information it shows is :
> -Line ( ie Lilydale, Belgrave, etc)
> -Destination (Box Hill, Blackburn, etc)
> -Time for next 2 trains
> -Stopping Pattern (just says Limited Express for Richmond - Glenferrie -
> Camberwell - Box Hill and Express for Richmond-Box Hill, wonder what it
says
> for Super Express?)
> -Whether the train is direct or loop
>
> There is also 2 lines for special messages

Has anyone noticed that as the flaps spin around, many stations are printed
on the flaps which could never be used to terminate a train. For example,
on the Sandringham line, I have definitely noticed Ripponlea, Balaclava and
Windsor are printed on there. (It is a bit hard to see, as they spin quite
quickly).

Why would they do that? It just seems like extra expense for no reason.

Regards,

Mike Alexander
(malex@bigfoot.com)