Re: Timings for Adelaide to Melbourne (was GSR's new Brochure)

Craig Haber (albatross@harnessnet.com.au) wrote:
>MarkBau1 wrote:
>> 2/ in this day and age a red flag or red light displayed by a passenger is not
>> feasible, (vandals, pranksters etc)
>
>Oddly enough, out at Zig Zag the disc to wave at the driver when you
>want him to stop is green!

There are many conditional stops for CityRail services on the Lithgow and
Newcastle lines. These are main lines and it doesn't seem to wreck the
schedules. Every XPT and Xplorer service has conditional stops. On my trip
to Melbourne at Easter the Xplorer ran straight through Murrurundi both
ways, and on ST1 we ran express Wagga to Albury, simply slowing for each
conditional station. Saves a lot of fuel if you don't have to actually
stop for passengers which don't exist.

Cheers
David