Re: Big derailment. Melb yard 25/5

In article <6kdkpd$hgi$2@gruvel.une.edu.au>, dbromage@metz.une.edu.au
says...

>Stuart Thyer (sthyer@anatomy.unimelb.edu.au) wrote:
>>Overland passengers were sent to Adelaide by bus.
>
>The Overland did depart later on, some time around midnight I think.
>
>>The incoming XPT was terminated at Seymour.
>
>This means it was on the down side of Seymour at 18.00, horribly late.
>Had it been on time things would have been interesting. Can sg
passenger
>trains still use the Sunshine platform?
>
>Cheers
>David

YES the Sunshine platform is still available. Not used for regular
trains of course, but it is used to off load persons not travelling but
too slow getting off at Spencer Street before departure. I have not
witnessed it in the last 6 months however so perhaps things have changed
recently at Spencer street. In the days of the Aurora it happened quite
regularly. Perhaps I just spend too much time on the net these days to
notice.

Bill Johnston