Re: Anyone experience in designing cellular coverage in rail concourse?

Matthew Geier wrote:

>  It is not just the concourse they are covering either, they are pointing
> directional antenna down the [Sydney] tunnels as well. Dunno how far the signal
> would get length ways through a train.

I nearly replied to the original poster in this thread, suggesting he
contact the Hong Kong Mass Transit Railway Co Ltd to ask how they make
cellphones work in all their (deep underground) stations, tunnels and
trains.

Then I saw he was posting from Hong Kong!!!!!

Riding in one of Hong Kong's MTR trains is to ride in a cacophony of
ringing cellphones and hundreds of people talking into them. I have never
seen so many cellphones in use as in Hong Kong, and their prevalence in
the MTR made me wonder many times how much wattage was being pumped
through the trains (and me!) to make cellphones work so far down in
basalt (three rides down the escalator at some stations like Causeway
Bay) and deep under the harbour.

Dave McLoughlin
Auckland New Zealand

While Parliament is in session, no working person's income, nor anyone's
rights and freedoms, are safe from plunder by their elected
representatives.