Re: ABC News - Claims rail tracks endanger safety of commuters

In article <356059EE.F215841F@ozemail.com.au>,
David Johnson  <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>David Bromage wrote:
>
>> [Following the "blast from the past" posting....]
>>
>>    NSW Opposition Transport Spokesman Michael Photios claims the poor
>>    state of rail tracks is endangering the safety of Blue Mountains
>>    commuters, west of Sydney.
>>
>> Full story: http://www.abc.net.au/news/state/nsw/metnsw-18may1998-5.htm
>
>Derailments are now happening in the State rail system every
>                   day," Mr Photios said.
>
>I wonder where they are occuring?  I'd be interested to know where he gets these
>facts from.  As an aside, how many of these alleged derailments are caused by
>poor track, and how many are caused by operator error (like checking points,
>etc.)?
>
>--
>David Johnson
>CityRail Guard
>trainman@ozemail.com.au
>http://www.ozemail.com.au/~trainman/

As even more of an aside, how many votes would it take to unseat the present
Member for the Blue Mountains (Labor, Bob Debus)? I think that may have more
relevance as to why we're hearing about the fragility of the Western line.
Which I travel, every day, at usually 80-100Kph or more when the going's good.

Adrian.