re: GSR's New Brochure

Sorry all

I have posted the following with the wrong title. Here it is with the
correct title

Sat replied

> peter berrett wrote:
>
> > Hi all
> >
> > Sat wrote
> >
> > > I have just seen GSR's new brochure. A4 size, full colour and very informative. It is call
> Australia's Great Train Journeys. It is about the Indian Pacific and the Ghan. It has costs,
> timetables and the INTRODUCTION OF THE GHAN INTO MELBOURNE.
> > >
> > > The Ghan is coming to Melbourne in November. It departs Melbourne on Wednesdays at
> > > 10.25pm reaches Adelaide at 9.30am. It then departs Adelaide at 3.00pm an arrives in
> Alice Springs at 10.00am on Friday.
> > >
> > Those timings seem a bit tight given the state of the line on the
> > Victorian side
> >
> > > On Tuesdays it departs from Alice Springs at 1.00pm arrives Adelaide at 8.00pm
> > > Wednesday. It then departs Adelaide at 9.40am Wednesday and arrives Melbourne at
> > > 8.40 that evening.
> > Correction On Tuesday it departs from Alice at 1.00pm arrives Adelaide at 8.00am
> Wednesday. Departs Adelaide 9.40am, Arrives Melbourne 8.40pm
>
> Cheers
> sat

Hmmm
Departs 9.40 A.m Adelaide arrives melbourne 8.40 P.M.

Allowing for the half hour added when you cross the border that makes a
trip time of 10 hours 30 minutes.

Sorry It just can't be true.

Somebody's trying to pull our legs. As I understand the state of the
track and freight traffic such timings would not be possible on the
Adelaide to Melbourne route.

cheers peter