Re: GSR's New Brochure & Ghan to Melbourne

sat ("sat"@camtech.net,au) wrote:
>On Tuesdays it departs from Alice Springs at 1.00pm arrives Adelaide at 8.00pm
>Wednesday. It then departs Adelaide at 9.40am Wednesday and arrives Melbourne at
>8.40 that evening.

This is going to make for interesting working in Melbourne. IT would cross
the XPT at Tottenham Loop and the Overland around Bunbury Street. I assume
the RTS pilot will stay at Spencer Street on Wednesdays to assist with
shunting the motorail while the loco goes to Dynon. It will probably use
platform as which will be free at that time of night.

I wonder if there will also be an Overland on that night?

Cheers
David