Re: Metcard Concession Checks

On Wed, 06 May 1998 02:20:04 +1000, David Johnson
<trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

>Michael Walker wrote:
>
>> Are these things all that reliable? Since 19 Feb. I have been a full fare
>> paying passenger again and lit up the gates a few times with full fare
>> tickets! Is there anything else they light up for that might suggest why
>> they have done this to my ticket?
>
>In NSW (and probably Vic) the concession and pensioner tickets light up the
>orange light on the right hand side of the person walking through (not both
>sides).  If the orange light on your left goes on, it is for the person next to
>you.

  Reminds me of a situation I had at Kings Cross a few weeks back. I
went through the barriers (out) and was confronted by one of the
ticket inspectors that wanted to check my ticket. Being in a very bad
mood I asked him if he had seen me put my ticket into the barrier and
the gate open? Answer Yes. I next asked him if the 'concession light'
came on, to which he answered no. I then asked him if he had ever
caught somone with an invalid ticket who had put it into the machine
and the barrier opened? Answer was no. After that I just walked off to
work without showing the guy my ticket. Now if he had said he thought
the concession light had come on then I would have been more than
happy to show him my ticket, but IMO all he was doing was just being
an a bastard!!
 Ashley Wright, Canberra, Australia
 ajwright@ozemail.com.au
 www:  http://www.ozemail.com.au/~ajwright