Re: Ballarat to Ararat line status.

On 07 May 1998 06:44:08 GMT, markbau1@aol.com (MarkBau1) wrote:

>Thanks to all for the info!
>
><<<<<<Officially it is a siding. (Australia's longest ??). Victrack have to
>approve any movement on the line.>>>>>
>
>Does anything ever run out there? A once in a blue moon movement to Windermere
>for ballast perhaps?? Any talk of a tourist operator?

The alst use that I know of was testing level crossing operation with
Sprinters when they had their little track circuit problem. Since then
lots of rust and a few weeds but no trains. The old Skipton line is
still used as far as Linton junction for ballast.
There have been a few rumours about tourist operators but nothing
concrete. 95 km of tourist railway is a big ask.

Cheers

Krel

>Mark.
>

>THE ROCK is dead
>Long live THE ROCK!

When I die I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather; not screaming and scared shitless like his passengers.