Re: Ballarat to Ararat line status.

In article <1998050700260700.UAA05959@ladder03.news.aol.com> markbau1@aol.com (MarkBau1) writes:
>From: markbau1@aol.com (MarkBau1)
>Subject: Ballarat to Ararat line status.
>Date: 07 May 1998 00:26:07 GMT

>Could someone tell me what is now happening with this line? ie, services
>suspended? withdrawn? closed? line torn up? If it's still open in any way what
>is the safeworking system used?

>Thanks for any help.

>Mark.

Line is status of service suspended.
Line is still intact , almost , except for the entrance to Ararat Yard where
the BG  simply stops.
All the ES instruments have been removed , the signals are all still intact ,
except crossed .
The signal box at the up end od Ararat yard  still exists , but is in pretty
bad state.
Ararat yard has been almost totally demolished,and all signals
removed.I beleive there is a baulk across the line west of Nth Ballarat Jnct.

cheers
MD