Re: Letter received from Malcolm Kains (used to be STN KO)

<<<<<<<<> Why is it that the SRA will publish timetables for all its suburban
trains
> yet when it comes to timetables for its special trains (mostly steam), it
> becomes "copyright material"?>>>>>>>

Don't know if this applies in this case but back when I edited the ARE magazine
I found out that VR's books, WTT's, S circulars, photo's etc had no copyright
at all and indeed could not be copyrighted as they were produced by a govt.
dept. thus in the public domain! I wouldn't be suprised if Herr Kennett changed
the laws in his ongoing efforts at keeping info from the public and that this
is no longer the case.

Of course, in a democracy it is unbelievable that "deals" like Wally Rail can
be secret but such is life under Herr Kennett!

Mark.

THE ROCK is dead
Long live THE ROCK!