Re: G520 Sent Back!

Rod Young wrote:

> On Monday 4-05-98 G520 was seen waiting behind Albury South Box awaiting
> return to Sydney!
> It seems that V/Line Freight were a little miffed at the condition it was
> returned in!
> Anyway, would like to know what Freight Rail will do now??
>                                 Rod

  Not Freightrail or even Freightcorp but in fact Chullora Workshops. This
job was a stuff up from day one and they were boasting how they undercut and
beat Clyde on the job at the time. As history has now shown us the job has
been a complete stuff up and at least one manager at Chullora has lost his
job over this issue. I'm glad to see that V/Line arn't as dumb as
Freightcorp. Had it have been Freightcorp they would have just accepted the
crappy workmanship and spent thousands sorting out the mess themselves. If
Chullora is to survive as a competitive workshop they need to have a good
look as their quality control and improve their results.
Bob