Re: Road Transport set for a boost in pay loads.

In article <354BE89B.121A@one.net.au>#1/1,
  David Penna <djpenna@one.net.au> wrote:

> Bill Evans wrote:
>
> > Next, to ensure that costs do not escalate once oil prices begin to
> > rise, and simultaneously eliminate greenhouse emissions by rail
> > transport, the entire rail network must be electrified.
>
> Whilst I agree with the thrust of your argument (I guess I wouldn't be in
> this newsgroup if didn't), electrifying rail lines does not eliminate
> greenhouse gases.  It may reduce them, but a considerable portion of
> Australia's greenhouse emissions come from the burning of coal. Why do
> you think the Environment Minister, Mr Hell, didn't come to the party at
> Kyoto?

Sorry, I should have explained that another part of the article was devoted to
the development of large scale tidal power on the Kimberley (WA) coast. This
was the non-poluting power source I was referring to.

Regards

Bill Evans