Patricks and the MUA

All employers should take note of todays Australian High court ruling. It
is now 3 times in a row that the Australian High court has said that the
recent action of Patricks Stevedores was illegal when they shifted funds
around in order to rid them selves of Union workers.
This is not only a victory for the MUA in Australia, but for all union
workers world wide. It should be the right of every employee every where to
belong to a union or other employee group.
However, with the ruling from the high court, all employees should now
examine their work performance. Patricks and others were trying to rid them
selves of restrictive work practices and also stop rorting of the system.
No one denies that productivity on the docks was at best atrocious and at
worst down right criminal. There is no way that wharfies can defend their
productivity levels. If you want to keep your job then you best get of your
backside and do your job.
Employees have rights. That is we have a right to an honest days pay for an
honest days work.
Employers also have rights. And that means a reasonable productivity level
from the people they employ.
signed.... the mouth

By the way ... How many people have woken up to what the Western Australian
Government intends to try and get away with?
It was reported in Saturdays "Western Australian", that the W.A. Government
intends to build a new port that will be staffed entirely by non-union
staff. They will be employed under the new Individual Worker Agreement. Now
the way I see this, is that it is blatant Union discrimination. You belong
to a union, you don't get a start. Well what are you lot going to do about
this. I have sounded the warning. Now it is up to you!!!!!