Re: Further stuff on high speed trains

Now you're getting the idea. I don't know about being able to get from
Melbourne to Sydney in 3-4 hours except at great capital expense building a
new line or severely realigning the old one but the motorail service is
certainly a selling point. Again, you're VALUE ADDING the service, much like
a decent buffet or club car without ridiculous expense.
    As for taking 11-12 hours to drive to Sydney, I used to do Hornsby (Old
Berowra Rd if anyone cares too much) to Greensborough in around 9 1/2 to 10
1/2 depending on traffic in Sydney. With two or three rest breaks too. And
if you think I sped, it was in a '76 Toyota Corolla wagon so no fear there
8^). I would suspect that Boronia is not so far from Greensborough as to add
1 1/2 hours to the journey, especially given Hornsby is well and truly north
of Sydney.