On-line Course for Officials of Rail Historical Societies and Rail Preservation Societies

FROM: Jim Warsher, Cambridge Center for Adult Education, Cambridge,
Mass., U.S.A.
TO: Officials of Australian and N.Z. rail historical societies and rail
preservation societies.

We would like to advise our railway enthusiast friends "down under" that
the Cambridge Center for Adult Education, located in Harvard Square,
Cambridge, Massachusetts, U.S.A., will be offering a course between
September and December, 1998, entitled:

         "The Railway Historical Society On-Line;
     Networking, Linking, Growing, Providing More Services
                and Becoming More Profitable"

The course will be given on-line, via the Internet, hosted by rail
professionals as well as railway website experts. We are designing the
course so as to furnish each participant with state-of-the-art tools to
enhance the effectiveness of his or her organization. Registration will
be open only to officers of bona-fide rail historical and rail
preservation societies. The tuition has not been established yet however
the course will not be expensive. There has been considerable interest
from all over the world expressed in this course by various railway
historical societies. To keep it relatively manageable, places will be
limited to about 40 participants.

I would be pleased to hear from societies in Australia, New Zealand and
the Far East generally, and we'd be happy to furnish additional
information upon request.

Jim Warsher
<jaswar@ccae.org>