Re: Road Transport set for a boost in pay loads.

In article <6ibdut$gel$4@reader1.reader.news.ozemail.net>#1/1,
  telljb@ozemail.com.au (Tell) wrote:

> Just picked this up;  the Northern Territory is set to
> go ahead with new increased axle load limits for heavy
> road transport using air bag suspension instead of
> conventional leaf springs.
>
> The NT Transport Minister Barry Coulter said that air
> bags will allow an extra 2.5 tonnes per tri-axle and it
> would only be a matter of time before it would be used
> under the uniform road transport regulations right
> across Australia.

There are no bridges in N.T.?

Air-bag suspension won't help there.

Just wait until road-maintenance costs become greater than the national debt
as they surely will, then we'll see if the road-lobby can talk their way out
of that one.

Les Brown