Re: Little Trimmer vanishes !!!

David Bromage wrote:

> Roderick Smith (rodsmith@werple.net.au) wrote:
> >AFAIK F211 has gone to the ARHS museum.  I haven't seen it there; the item
> >was reported to me.
>
> What do they need another F for? They've already got two!
>
> Maybe Steve Bucton would like it as a West Block pilot?:)
>
> Cheers
> David

                                                             2.5.98.

Funny you should mention that David.

Whenever historically valuable or interesting locos or items come up for
disposal or relocation, the good folk at SteamRail / DieselRail don't
seem to exist at times in the eyes of rail administrators.

Unless we get an inside word as to a loco's pending availability, no
offer of acquisition or allocation is made to us.

I hate sound like a sore loser or cynic, but it seems that the PTC and
predecessors have never recognised the existence of SteamRail as a
viable alternative to the Railway Museum or SLPG, when it comes to
making items available.

The first I knew of the removal of F211, was seeing it being hoisted off
its plynth onto the bitumen of the car park at Sth Dynon.  Of course by
that stage, any decision as to its destination is carte blanche.

Like 707 Operations' F208, another 'operating' F, in a different livery,
might have been a rather good and useful addition to a good collection
of locos at SRV Newport.  ( By different livery, I don't necessarily
mean its existing V/Line livery )

"Another one bites the dust !!"

Steve Bucton.
Loco Driver - V/Line Freight Corp & part time gunzel.

http://quest.apana.org.au/~sbucton/index.html