Re: 8001

8001 was one of the two 80s that were damaged at Acacia Ridge by NRC.
The other is 8002 and is still up there. They now say that it will be
scrapped on site as it is not possible to return it to Sydney by rail.
In fact the return of 8001 was a bit of a dodgey affair as it was towed
on the end of an NRC train. The SRA breakdown gang tell me that this is
not an acceptable practice for the SRA however they had no say over NRC
and they way they went about recovering it. I also hear that the
souvenir hunters are having fun on 8002.
Bob