Re: MetCard XPress

Johann Fan wrote in message <6fcolm$j38@news.eisa.net.au>...
>Hi all,
>
>I was talking to a ticket checker on the tram this afternoon. He said that
>Metcard xpress will only be for yearly tickets only... Can anyone confirm
>this???

Last I heard from station staff (although they are probably among the last
to be informed, no doubt just before customers) was that the Metcard Xpress
was able to be used with any fare from a 2hr up.
        I dare say however there will be some discouragement to handing them
out to anyone who fills in the form. No doubt a deposit or fee would apply
to ensure people only get one for higher priced tickets or for those truly
fed up with paper tickets. My monthly lived in a plastic pocket of the sort
previously supplied for monthly and weekly tickets, was only used for about
half a month as I decided I would save 2 hours a day by driving and it still
managed to fade and self destruct. To quote an NBC driver who tried to read
the back "They'll get those things right eventually I hope".