Re: Accident at Bentleigh

D. Lindstrom wrote:

> Does anyone have any information about a level crossing accident at
> Bentleigh this morning (Monday 23 March 1998).
> The train involved was the 8:01 a.m. City Loop.

As far as I know an 18yo lad ran across the boom gates to get a train,
and didn't realise there was a train coming in the opposite direction.
Collected him on it's way through.

Can't say I'm overly happy, considering the train I caught from
Caulfield was the train involved in the accident which the Coroner had
given the OK to run. Interesting that they wouldn't run it empty for
cleaning up in the city.

--
Andrew Blume
andrew@hutch.com.au