Re: R/trains on the newall

Hi here is our two cents worth

Two trailer road trains on the newall? try passing a three trailer r/train
there are a lot of them in outback Queensland where some of the roads are
hardly wide enough for cars. You can start passing them and a couple
kilometers up the road you can finally pull back over I would like to see
that on the Newell with the extra traffic that use it. Driving in outback
Queensland you might not see an on coming vehicle for hours at a time so I
can't see the point in using them on the newell and I surpose there will
be more drivers ready to take risks. If you have ever seen a three trailer
r/train serve to miss something on the road and gets into the gravel  the
third trailer often follows the other two so the truck could be some
distance further on before the last trailer rejoins the road and if you
are misfortunate to witness this then you may need to see a panel beater
about repairs to you chip paint work on your vehicle. But you will find in
outback Queensland most of the r/train drivers are very courtesy but
having driven down the Pacific/Hume and Newall hwys and been boxed in by
semis doing well inexcess of the speed limits on the Hume I can't see the
drivers on these hwy's showing the same courtesy as you find in the
Outback

Ps wish some one would build  a railway line pararel to the Newell

Davo