Re: Another late XPT

>Jim Underwood wrote:
>
>> I was at Sydney terminal tonight around 8:30.
>> The Grafton XPT arrived (about 4 hours late) hauled by 8236.
>> They must be really cracking up.

Yes that was NT26. Both units were failed. They failed at Glenreagh and were
hauled by 8236 X 6122 to Sydney. 2006 was the trailing unit and was only
able to supply power to the set as it would not load up. 2003 on the front
suffered a fan shaft failure so could not be used because the engine would
overheat. The fan shaft was replaced enroute and the unit started. It was
decided to keep the 82 on the train to Sydney to save further delay.

As to them *really cracking up*, not so. Anything mechanical can and will
fail without proper maintenance.

The Dubbo will keep running as a single (hopefully) only till Monday. 2018
should be ready by the weekend or Monday.
Cheers
Rex