Re: Fascinating Tram Trip

John Dennis <jdennis@acslink.net.au> wrote:
: When the bluebottle inspected my ticket I asked whether he knew the
: validators were out of action, and he replied that "the driver had a
: problem" and made a comment about "we are the biggest tram network in
: the world ... what can you expect".  I expect things to work what, 3
: years after originally planned, and also dispute his claim about the
: biggest network.

A few years ago, Melbourne had the second biggest tram network after
Leningrad/St Petersburg. I've heard rumours of some route closures in St
Petersburg, however, so Melbourne could well have the biggest by now.

Of course, that's no excuse for having the worst failure of a ticketing
system I've ever heard of.

--
Martin Bienwald <obelix@fim.informatik.uni-mannheim.de>