Re: Melbourne Stations with Automatic Barriers

In article <01bd4dde$c92eae00$01010101@mikeya>,
  "Mike Alexander" <malex@bigfoot.com> wrote:
> Flinders St
> Spencer St
> Flagstaff
> Melbourne Central
> Parliament
> Richmond
> Caulfield
> Glenferrie
> Camberwell
> Box Hill
> Ringwood
> Footscray
> Glen Waverley

To add to the list Essendon has them. im not sure of any others though.

> Does anybody know the criteria for installing them? For example, North
> Melbourne doesn't have them, which is suprising.

Do North Melbourne have any kind of ATM/validators yet? On the Broadmeadows
line, all of the stations except Glenroy and Essendon have the conventional
stand-alone silver validators that stick up from the ground, and ATMs.
Essendon does have the ATMs but as mentioned above they have the gates. This
week Glenroy station finally recieved their validators. I find it strange
that they installed the green validators and not the proper ones, also i
notice that they have not installed ATMs there (yet?). Also i noticed that
Broadmeadows station's ATMs and validators were switched on. At Glenroy, on
the broadmeadows side, the validator is on and working (it was in "CLOSED"
mode at the start of the week), but the validators on the city side were not
even powered on.

Regards. Michael Kurkowski.