Re: Passenger offloaded

Craig Haber wrote:
>What state are you in David?  WCR Conny's are instructed to sell the
>difference in fares, and I've only ever seen V/Line Conny's do the same.
>I'd be surprised to see a 'whole' new ticket sold.

I am in NSW - it is up to the discretion of the person involved (either PSS,
Ticket Examiner, etc). They are within their rights to say "You do not have
a valid ticket, you must therefore pay the fare for the journey you wish to
undertake".

In Sydney, there are $1 all-day tickets available for pensioners, providing
them with unlimited travel on trains, buses and ferries. The rule is applied
here, whereby people detected travelling on these tickets without the
appropriate concession are required to pay the whole fare, not just the
upgrade.

Hope this helps,

David Proctor
daproc@bigfoot.com