Re: To :Great Southern Rail Management.

David Proctor wrote:

> An example is the club car on the Overland - surely, rather than removing
> the club car as a way of cutting costs, why couldn't they remove the RBJ and
> allow economy passengers to purchase items from the club car for consumption
> at their seats? First Class passengers would then have a service that is
> superior to the alternatives, and GSR have succeeded in their quest to
> reduce the weight of the train and staff numbers.

Ahh, now you have hit on something. Are they interested in the first class
passengers? I suspect not. As for the station facilities, I would expect that
GSRs commitment to the township of Peterborough is more than it gets back from
the few travelers. I'm surprised that some of these station buildings still
exist. Who owns them and who is responsible for their maintenance? When the
owners realize their potential liabilities they may well send in the bulldozers.
In NSW under the former David Hill regime , dozens of disused station were
demolished to remove any potential liability that may have existed .