Re: Redundant SRA equipment

Eben Levy wrote: Why pay OTR to nick it off the railways, when you can do it
yourself if your

> stupid enough

Why commit a criminal act? If OTR or any other seller has stolen property then
let them be the crims. I was not suggesting that they were obtaining stolen
property but in fact that they seem to know when stuff is for "for sale" whereas
you and I never get told. Previously the SRA conducted auctions and everyone was
on a level playing field. The auctions for redundant equipment are no longer and
the old Railway Shop (the official outlet for redundant property) is also gone.
In London you can go to Collectors Corner and buy surplus and redundant stuff.
Even QR has seen the value in a Railway Shop and Victoria has a disposal section
at Spotswood that are very approachable. Why not in NSW ?
Bob