Re: Redundant SRA equipment

Gary Brown wrote:

> I am trying to find a luggage trolley in NSW which is suitable for
> restoration. The type I am after is approx 1100 x 1900mm with rubber or
> cast iron wheels.
>
> Does anyone know how the SRA gets rid of their redundant equipment?  Do
> they send it to auction?
>
> Any info would be greatly appreciated.

  The disposal of such equipment is a grey area. One place that you will be
able to buy one (probably not cheap) is off the rails. They seem to be able
to buy all sorts of stuff from the SRA that never goes up for public sale
or tender. You can look at their web site at:
http://www.otr.com.au/
Hope this is of help to you.
Bob