Re: Redundant SRA equipment

Bob <gioia@fastlink.com.au> wrote:
>  The disposal of such equipment is a grey area. One place that you will be
>able to buy one (probably not cheap) is off the rails. They seem to be able
>to buy all sorts of stuff from the SRA that never goes up for public sale
>or tender. You can look at their web site at:
>http://www.otr.com.au/
>Hope this is of help to you.
>Bob

This is an interesting area, something of which I have
had experience with some years ago.
It was incumbent upon most State Government dept's that
ALL surplus equipment be tendered.  Most of the time
this is done.
But many years ago these regulations were apparently
relaxed.  I know with ANR/AN that preservation groups
were given special consideration which was great, but
unfortunately some groups "benefited" more than others.
As for Commercial interests, well this sounds a little
dodgy to me and open to justifiable criticism.

----Tell