Re: Olympic Park opening

>>>>> "Eddie" == Eddie Oliver <Eddie.Oliver@efs.mq.edu.au> writes:

Eddie> Of course many people remain sceptical that any trials at even a 3
Eddie> minute frequency without very many people can give confidence about
Eddie> what will happen at a 2 minute frequency with lots of people.

I must admit that I'm curious if this can be achieved since, as far as I can
tell, the line as it branches from the main western line has a speed limit of
40kph.  Admittedly, the western end is limited by a rather sharp curve located
within a cutting, but I would have thought that at the Flemington end high
speed points and a faster track speed would help keep the throughput high.

Does anyone know the speed limit throughout the rest of the loop?

--
Malcolm Purvis (malcolmp@abc.gov.au) - ABC Technology Research and Development

"Episcopalians [American Anglicans] will tell you astounding things about
their sexuality but not talk at all about their financial life."
--- Hugh Magers, Christianity Today, May 19, 1997, p23.